Pager Interface Was: Command line interface to acknowledge host problem

Brandon Knitter knitterb at blandsite.org
Thu Nov 14 23:17:47 CET 2002

Well, email was our first option....GAG!

Anyhow, at my last company we actually had an SNPP gateway which would forward
messages on to the paging companies SNPP server, and handle 2 way stuff and
everything.  And if the network was down or couldn't connect in say 10 seconds,
then it would fall back top TAP.  You could probably do something
similar...although the GSM modem sounds like the best bet.  I'm not sure how
they work! :)

--
-bk