VMS monitoring

Steve Freegard steve.freegard at lbsltd.co.uk
Thu Nov 14 10:23:29 CET 2002

Mike,

I use Nagios to monitor our VMS cluster running OpenVMS/AXP 7.3.  I wrote
some plugins in DCL that are used to monitor disk space, opcom requests,
batch jobs and system processes and submit the results passively to Nagios
using SSH.

I'd meant to spend some time tidying them up and submitting them into the
contrib area with some instructions to get it running, but haven't got
around to it.

It's pretty messy as VMS doesn't ship with SSH by default, so you have to
grab a load of freeware utils to do it.

If you're interested - I'll zip up what I've got and mail it over to you
with some basic instructions.

Kind regards,

Steve Freegard
Systems Manager