gdlib probs on redhat 8

Rahul Singh rahul.singh at anantsystems.net
Wed Nov 13 11:25:54 CET 2002

"statusmap.cgi" isn't working..

I've tried everything to try to get it to work on redhat 8.. all the following were installed

libgd
libgd-devel
libpng
libpng-devel

I did ldconfigs, etc.. with no luck. (keeps getting stuck trying to find gdImagePng) in the configuration

We'll use default routines (in xdata/xdddefault.*) for scheduled downtime data I/O...
checking for gdImagePng in -lgd (order 1)... no
checking for gdImagePng in -lgd (order 2)... no
checking for gdImagePng in -lgd (order 3)... no

However it does find it in 7.3 oddly. and compiles fine.

Any one having gd related problems on 8?

Rahul