Nagios - Apan

Hákon Heimir Sigurðsson hakon at skrin.is
Wed Nov 13 11:09:28 CET 2002

Hi all!

I'm having some difficulties getting Apan working with other plugins than
ping, e.g. I want to get graphs for processor usage (check_nt_load) and disk
usage (check_nt_disk) on NT servers which are running the Netsaint plugin.

I´m just getting an empty graph for the Disk Usage and this is what I get in
/tmp/apan.debug:

>Mið Nóv 13 09:54:08 GMT 2002 Args: nt-disk smyrill adisk 1037181248 80 90
>Inserting '' , '1037181248' into /usr/local/nagios/rrd/adisk.rrd
>Returning '' , 0

 This is the config line in /usr/local/nagios/apan/apan.cfg
>smyrill;adisk;/usr/local/nagios/rrd/adisk.rrd;c|e;c-used:AREA c-free:STACK
e-used:AREA e-free:STACK;Disk usage;Bytes;-l 1 b 1024

This is the service definition:

># Service definition
>define service{
>          use                               generic-service
>          host_name                    smyrill
>          service_description         adisk
>          is_volatile                      0
>          check_period                 24x7
>          max_check_attempts     3
>          normal_check_interval    1
>          retry_check_interval       1
>          contact_groups              kerfisleiga
>          notification_interval         120
>          notification_period          24x7
>          notification_options        c,r
>          check_command           apan!nt-disk!80!90

Nagios is version 1.0b6 running on RedHat 7.3  - kernel 2.4.18-3smp

Any help/ideas greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Hákon Sigurðsson