Nagious plugin problem, FreeBSD 4.5-R

Atle Veka atlev at mail.flyingcroc.net
Tue Nov 12 21:04:14 CET 2002

On 5 Nov 2002, Karl DeBisschop wrote:

> On Mon, 2002-11-04 at 20:37, Atle Veka wrote:
> >
> > Problem #1, I cannot for the life of it get configure to acknowledge that
> > I have the mysqlclient libraries. I had the same troubles with Nagios but
> > got it working after a while:
> >
> > [..]
> > configure: warning: Skipping mysql plugin
> > configure: warning: install mysql client libs to compile this plugin (see Requirements).
> > [..]
> >
> > [root at doh /usr/local/build/nagiosplug-1.3-beta1]$ ldconfig -r | grep mysqlclient
> >         261:-lmysqlclient.10 => /usr/local/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.10
> > [root at doh /usr/local/build/nagiosplug-1.3-beta1]$ ls -l /usr/local/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.10
> > -rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  137024 Aug 21 13:40 /usr/local/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.10
> >

> > After that (configure finishes successfully, or so it seems):
> >
> > Making all in plugins
> > "Makefile", line 760: Need an operator
> > make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
> > *** Error code 1
[...]
> To help narrow the scope, have you tried compiling from the snapshot
> tarball at www.debisschop.net/src/nagios?
>
> That is the most recent fixes, plus you avoid automake issues (and we
> know there are som) by using the premade tarball.
>
> --
> Karl

Hi Karl,

The snapshot I got a couple of days ago didn't work, however, the one from
this morning (nagios-plugins-200211121100) finally installed. I still
can't get the configure script to realize that I have the mysql client
libraries though. Any more suggestions?

(FYI; I have a build script, so the exact same parameters and such have
been used in each build :)

Thanks!
Atle