help on NRPE

nadine.vandois at bull.net nadine.vandois at bull.net
Tue Nov 12 11:34:09 CET 2002

Hello,

I have installed nagios and nrpe.

nagios runs correctly.

But I have some difficulty with nrpe.

I have declared one check_nrpe service on my nagios host, and a nrpe
daemon. And I have declared nrpe daemon on another host, as described, and
with using current users service on distant host.

When I test that,
at first, I got 'state unkown'.
I then tried to put 'printf ...' in check_nrpe.c.and recompiled.
After many printf insertions, I got 'state OK' - (No output !) (on web
interface and log files on nagios host).

May some one have already meet this situation and may help me to understand
what happens ?
And how can I have a more detail answer than: 'No output!'  ?

Thanks,
Nadine