Logged in as ?

Gonçalo Gomes goncalo at microeuropa.pt
Tue Nov 12 02:51:05 CET 2002

Hello Michael,

On Mon, 11 Nov 2002, Michael Feld wrote:

> Unless I'm misunderstanding you, you should re-read setting up the web
> interface directions, because having email addresses in the
> contacts.cfg file will not help you with doing authentication for the
> web interface. You'll find directions here:
>
> http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/installweb.html
> http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/cgiauth.html
>
> Hope that helps.

You did misunderstood me, In fact, when i referenced the user' definitions
in my
contacts.cfg, was meant to outline the fact that I had the same exact users
I've
added to the password file used by the .htaccess previously set up. The only
problem
that's happening, is that the cgi's are not being able to recognize the user
for which
I am logged with and compare it with those in the contacts.cfg to decide
whether to give correspondent privileges or set me as a guest viewer (which
is what is happening - setting me as guest or equivalent)

Thanks anyway, hope this explains better my problem and that someone out
there who have possibly had this same problem, might give out some hints.

Cheers,
-Gonçalo.