NRPE issue

Carroll, Jim P [Contractor] jcarro10 at sprintspectrum.com
Tue Nov 12 00:47:02 CET 2002

allowed_hosts=127.0.0.1,192.168.0.1,1.2.3.4,44.55.66.77

Worth mentioning (as quoted from the README):

2) Add entries for the NRPE daemon to either your inetd or xinetd
   configuration files.  Which one your use will depend on which
   superserver is installed on your system.  Both methods are described
   below.  NOTE: If you run nrpe under inetd or xinetd, the server_port
   and allowed_hosts variables in the nrpe configuration file are
   ignored.

So, are you running nrpe from (x)inetd, or are you running it as a
standalone daemon?

jc