NRPE issue

Trace McQuaig Trace.McQuaig at usunwired.com
Mon Nov 11 22:59:29 CET 2002

I must not have everything configured right. I have triple checked my
configs and everything is in par with the docs. Trying to use NRPE on a
solaris box. I am running my check from a RedHat box to check users on a
Solaris 8 machine.

[root at tranceportal libexec]# ./check_nrpe 10.1.1.240 -p 5666 -c check_load
CHECK_NRPE: Received 0 bytes.  Are we allowed to connect to the host?

--
So no data. Lets try to telnet to the port.
--

Immediate disconnection. My ip is listed in the inetd.conf file and I have
restarted inetd.conf with pkill -HUP inetd

Any ideas?

		Trace McQuaig
		US Unwired
		Systems Engineer
		Unix Ninja
		MCSE Exchange A+
(o_
//\  "It is all fun and games 'till someone gets a virus."
V_/_     All spelling errors are completely intentional.