problem with check_disk.. returns state UNKNOW N

Gerald Wichmann gwichman at zantaz.com
Mon Nov 11 21:29:17 CET 2002

Turns out the check_config works fine on the below box in question. I was
manually putting in the wrong device name.. with the correct device name it
comes back ok:

[root at ps-sm-poly-00 mailSend]# check_disk -c10% -w20% -p /dev/hda6 -v
/bin/df -Pk /dev/hda6 ==> DISK OK - [926884 kB (94%) free on /dev/hda6]
[root at ps-sm-poly-00 mailSend]# check_disk -c10% -w20% -p /dev/hda6
DISK OK - [926884 kB (94%) free on /dev/hda6]

Services.cfg *does* have /dev/hda6 as I ran above for the below system and
yet it comes back unable to read output in the nagios status page.

How does nagios invoke check_disk on a remote machine? I'd like to manually
do that because something is clearly still wrong here.

Gerald Wichmann
Senior Systems Development Engineer
Zantaz, Inc.
925.598.3099 (w)