monitoring specific individual queues

James Noble jimmy97223 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 10 11:44:08 CET 2002

New guy here to Nagios with a question about the core
functionality.  Does Nagios have in its raw form a
facilty by which to view multiple queues on a network
device and their traffic flow?  I guess this should be
asked in the context of RTP.  I am watching an Avaya
Cajun that is pushing VoIP traffic which is in the
high-priority queue, and then there is the
low-priority queue, which carries 90% of the rest of
the traffic.  I want to be able to watch the same
parameters on an Allied Telesyn switch and compare
performance between it and the Avaya.  Is this going
to necessitate a custom plugin, or is it something
that I can do with config changes out of the box?  I
didn't see anything about htis in the documentation,
but I have seen thus far that the documentation is
somewhat fuzzy as it relates to reality at this point...