Checks not getting executed

Russell Scibetti russell at quadrix.com
Fri Nov 8 21:14:17 CET 2002

I'm running 1.0b6 on RH7.2.

I am getting a very odd behavior for some checks.  I currently have 1
instance with over 700 checks over 170 hosts (pretty much HTTP, 2 Real,
and DNS for each, plus a couple extra).

Every now and then, and I've seen it more since I upgraded to 1.0b6,
Nagios seems to miss a few checks that get left WAY behind.  My
normal_check_interval for HTTP is 5 minutes, but for example, there is
one HTTP service where it was last checked at 2:49, the next scheduled
check is 2:59 (already more than the 5 minutes), and its currently 3:10.
 How does Nagios get this far behind and why was the next scheduled
check so far off.  I know the initial check scheduling can have
problems, but this has been running for a while.

Any input is appreciated.  Thanks.

-Russell Scibetti

--
Russell Scibetti