Embedded Perl Hardcoded path

Russell Scibetti russell at quadrix.com
Wed Nov 6 22:14:25 CET 2002

I have a concern about how Nagios references the p1.pl file it uses for
embedded perl.  Nagios put the p1.pl file inside the bin directory where
the nagios executable is.  However, the nagios executable uses a
hardcoded reference to where p1.pl is.  The variable it uses is P1LOC
which is set in the locations.h file when you run ./configure.

This is the same problem that occurs with the CGI's by default.  They
are compiled with the location of cgi.cfg.  I fixed this by using an
environment variable to tell the CGI's where the cgi.cfg file was.
 However, for the case of the p1.pl location, it seems to me that this
should be a setting for the nagios.cfg file.  So this way, if you are
running multiple instance or move an instance somewhere else, you don't
have to run ./configure every time.

Any thoughts on this?  Thanks.

-Russell Scibetti

--