Hosts with multiple ip addresses

Roberto Sebastiano askrs at tiscalinet.it
Wed Nov 6 01:30:16 CET 2002

How do I assign more than one address to an host ?

I have a machine that has 4 ips for web services, 3 ips for ftp services
and 1 ip for maintenance work (ssh and rsync).
Now, I can't figure out how to bind multiple nagios services that point
to different ips on the same machine.

I'm new to nagios so this is probably trivial.

I've also thought about passing the ip to the check program manually on
the command line or (ugly) creating one different host per service.. but
maybe there's a better way to do it ?

Cheers,
Roberto Sebastiano