segmentation Fault

Jamin jragle at unm.edu
Tue Nov 5 17:12:36 CET 2002

It might be the sadistic programmer in me, but if your nagios distro has
not already been compiled with the '-g' CPP flag, recompile with it and
use a debuger to trace through the program to find the segfault.

DDD is a nice linux debugger.  (http://www.gnu.org/software/ddd/)

On Tue, 5 Nov 2002, Ben Whittaker wrote:

> I have loaded a box with SUSE 8.1 and Nagios
>
> when I try and run nagios -v /etc/nagios/nagios.cfg
>
> I get
>
> segmentation fault
>
> Please help

 "I had to perform an act of faith. I had to prove to myself that I
  was a man. Not just a producing-consuming economical animal ... but
  a man."                                -- Robert A. Heinlein