APAN - using ping service

Ralph Zimmermann ralph.zimmermann at salt-ag.com
Tue Nov 5 08:47:32 CET 2002

Hi,

I've been running into some problems since I'm using check_ping through APAN
(in order to have graphs about roundtrip times).

Im using check_ping with some warning and critical values to check the connection
to a remote box. With the normal ping service definition it does send out notifications
when there is huge packet-loss or a high response time. These notifications do still
include the results (% packet loss, ms roundtrip time) of the check_ping command.

However, check_ping is now running through Apan and when the connection becomes
critical, it does only sent a notification with "no output returned from plugin" and no
more ping results. Where did the actual results vanish ???

Also the graphs don't seem to get any proper data when this happens.

Sure this behaviour do cause problems with using the availability logs of nagios as well,
because whenever the service was critical I don't have actual values anymore apart from
"no output returned from plugin" :-(

Thanks,
Ralph.

Ralph Zimmermann
_____________________________________
- Netzwerkadministrator -

SALT AG
Sedanstraße 23
D-97082 Würzburg

Tel:  +49 931 3573 - 400
Fax: +49 931 3573 - 409

mailto: ralph.zimmermann at salt-ag.com
Besuchen Sie uns unter www.salt-ag.com

telematikgestützte Logistik-Plattform cargoRent
Tracking & Tracing
ab 49 Euro monatlich/ Fahrzeug
Infos unter www.cargoRent.net