SuSE ping/check_ping

Bill Johnson bill at eng.wayne.edu
Fri Nov 1 17:17:53 CET 2002

Hello all.

I am pretty new to the Nagios/SuSE world, but have Nagios up and going and
all is working fine except for a problem with check_ping.  I have been
reading the group discussions on SuSE 8.0 having ping problems and that
replacing the binary fixes the problem.  I am currently running 7.3 and have
failed in locating a replacement binary for ping.  The error is one I am
sure all of you have read about by now...

"You've got a big problem buddy! You need more args!!!"

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thank you,
Bill