check_nt and NSClient on NT

Greg Vickers g.vickers at qut.edu.au
Fri Nov 1 04:49:51 CET 2002

Hi all,

I have a question about check_nt on one of my NT BDC servers.

The NSClient installs successfully. The service starts successfully. I can
connect and check with check_nt. Then after an indeterminate period of time
(it's not regular), the check_nt command returns "No data returned from
host!". Then after another indeterminate period of time, the check_nt
command starts returning data again! This is for any service that I check
on the server.

Has anyone else experienced this on an NT server?

=================================
Greg Vickers
Computer Systems Officer
Student Support and Systems,