Nextel(and other 2way paging device) 2way paging scripts

Jon Lyons jlyons30 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 30 17:37:40 CET 2002

Hi, I've been using these scripts for a few weeks now for 2 way paging to my nextel, thought I'd share them if anyone else wants to use them.  They look and work ugly, but they do work.. :)
Please note you'll need some basic Perl knowledge to use these scripts. Each script needs to be modified to work with your system. I'm just a beginner Perl user so excuse my mess! I use 1 script to send pages to my phone, with automated replies(so I don’t have to type on my phone) and then 2 scripts that are executed on the replies from my phone via e-mail.
Currently I can acknowledge hosts/services, Dis/enable notifications, get current stats, and restart nagios. If during any point of the snpp page fails, the page is sent via modem by qpage, this doesn’t allow for 2way paging..L

See the install.doc for details, I'll try and help, but there's no garuentee!