modem based alerts

Evan Mann emann at questinc.org
Mon Dec 30 15:10:51 CET 2002

I currently have 2 levels of alerts setup, the initials emails and an all
host group escalation which is an email alert to a nextel phone.

I'd like to add a 3rd level which is a modem based alert to a Nextel phone.
Does anyone have a modem  based alert to Nextel's that they are dealing
with?  I'd like some input how how they deal with this. I am unsure if
Nextel has an # specifically for automated paging, so if I assume they
don't, I can have it simply call and just leave dead silence on the phone
and I just check the caller id and know that particular # it's calling from
is only for my alerts.  This seems very lacking however.  Any advice would
be appreciated.