HI, Got a n00b question

Chris Stankaitis chris.stankaitis at datawire.net
Fri Dec 27 16:58:11 CET 2002

you can do a locate nagios or if that doesn't work

do a rpm -qa | grep nagios

to get the name of the installed nagios package and then do a

rpm -ql <name of nagios package>

to get a listing of all nagios files.

Chances are that the RPM just installed the core nagios stuff.  You'll
have to find or build an RPM for the plugins, or install it from tarball
if you don't care about poluting your system with non-packaged installs.

--Chris

Charles wrote:
> Ty all for your answer, but I tried to install a rpm and... Where did it
> install??? nagios-plugins-1.3.0-beta2.tar.gz
> So.. What plungin should I download???
>
> Ty
> Chock
>
> Le 12/27/02 10:29 AM, « [NOM] » <[ADRESSE]> a écrit :
>

>>1) you installed the Nagios plugins?
>>2) if you did, you need to specify the location of your Nagios
>>installation when compiling the plugins
>>
>>Geert
>>
>>On Fri, 2002-12-27 at 15:48, Charles wrote:
>>
>>>I did install everything... But I am trying to start nagios, and telling me
>>>he can't write in nagios.log and can,t find
>>>/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_http: No such file or directory
>>>
>>>Cause there is no libexec folder...
>>>Could anyone help me pls
>>>
>>>Ty