HI, Got a n00b question

Carroll, Jim P [Contractor] jcarro10 at sprintspectrum.com
Fri Dec 27 16:27:02 CET 2002

Make sure you've created the user 'nagios' and the groups 'nagios' and
'nagiocmd' (not 'nagioscmd').  Make sure your webserver (Apache?) is a
member of the nagiocmd group.  Do a "chown -R nagios:nagios
/usr/local/nagios", followed by:

   chgrp nagiocmd /usr/local/nagios/var/rw
   chmod 2770 /usr/local/nagios/var/rw

Make sure you've downloaded/compiled/installed the plugins (that's why you
don't have a libexec directory).

Stop/start nagios and give it another go.

jc