Sporadic Communication Problems with an NRPE Client

Kaplan, Andrew H. AHKAPLAN at PARTNERS.ORG
Fri Dec 27 15:26:58 CET 2002

I installed the nrpe client on a Red Hat 7.3 machine recently and I am
encountering the following problem:

Nagios sporadically returns a critical error message indicating that the
connection has been refused by the
host machine. Additionally, I cannot access the service detail screen of the
particular host. Every time that
I try I get an Error: Status information not found message, even though the
services do appear on the previous
web page.

Has anyone encountered this situation, and if so what have they done to correct
it? Thanks.