Notifications wth escalations

Evan Mann emann at questinc.org
Mon Dec 23 16:13:43 CET 2002

I could use some help in figuring out how to set up some escalated
notifications.

First and foremost, I have a 24x7 monitoring on services/hosts via a ping to
all my routers and firewalls.  The notification is 24x7 and is sent off via
e-mail to an e-mail box.

I want to have an escalation where if a site is in a DOWN state for more
than 3 notification intervals that an e-mail is sent off to a Nextel phone.
However, I only want the notification period for this escalated notification
to use my "oncall" notifications time frames (which is NOT 24x7)

How can I accomplish this exactly?