extinfo.cfg does not like wildcarding ?

Paulo Pinto pspa at gp.novis.pt
Fri Dec 20 18:55:38 CET 2002

Hi all.

I'm using a couple of perl scripts to graphically output my rrd
databases, based on "HOST-SERVICE", and using the extinfo.cfg to place
the little cute ( :p ) icons next to each service and linking to the
scripts using $HOSTNAME$ and $SERVICEDESC$ macros.

I dunno if this is a bug (or a feature :-> ), but the following example
does NOT work:

define serviceextinfo{
        host_name               MYHOST
        service_description     *      <<<----- wildcard.
        notes_url
http://host.domain.dom/cgi/myscript?id=$HOSTNAME$-$SERVICEDESC$
        icon_image              myimage.png
        icon_image_alt          Service Details
        }

This means that, if my host has 30 services, I have to input 30X the
above example, one for each service :(
Now, if I have more than 1 host ...
Well,
	[root at nagios etc]# cat extinfo.cfg |wc -l
	   2780

Bug ? ToDo list ? :)

Ah, running Nagios 1.0 (non-beta :) ).

--