Problem with LDAP authenticated users.

Jeremy T. Bouse Jeremy.Bouse at UnderGrid.net
Fri Dec 20 20:03:01 CET 2002

	Yeah when I looked into how it used the authentication since
Apache does the authentication not Nagios (or formerly Netsaint) so I
just made sure that the usernames used for contacts matched what they
logged in as... This was trivial as all accounts on my network are in
LDAP anyway and not using the htpasswd user file made things all that
much easier...

	I think the alternative would be to include authentication into
Nagios but I think that is unncessary if it can be handled through other
means... I also run it over HTTPS rather than HTTP...

	Jeremy