command external problem

Sean Knox sean.knox at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 20 11:20:29 CET 2002

To enable external cmds:
    1. Add nagioscmd group
    2. Add nagios and webserver users to nagioscmd group
    3. Set correct permissions on /usr/local/nagios/var/rw
        i. chown nagios.nagioscmd /usr/local/nagios/var/rw
        ii. chmod u+rwx /usr/local/nagios/var/rw
        iii. chmod g+rw /usr/local/nagios/var/rw
        iv. /usr/local/nagios/var/rw
        v. drwxrws---   2 nagios nagiocmd     1024 Aug 11 16:30 rw
    4. check_external_commands=1 in nagios.cfg
    5. Restart Apache