Nagios and DHCP

Thu Dec 19 23:24:10 CET 2002

Dear Sir,

On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 01:29:42PM -0800, Andrew Meyer wrote:
> can nagios monitor computers that are DHCP clients?

If you mean, 'Can Nagios monitor a DHCP server's supply of leased IP
Addresses to DHCP clients ?'.

Yes.

There is a linux-specific plugin in the contrib directory for this
purpose.

If you want a more general purpose check_dhcp plugin, there are suitable
Perl modules and code (although I don't know where they are).

HTH,

Yours sincerely.

Stanley Hopcroft

from Meditation 17, J Donne.