How to convert UNIX epoch to date format for u se in Alerts?

Pulyankote, Gopinath Gopinath_Pulyankote at affymetrix.com
Thu Dec 19 19:14:15 CET 2002

Thanks Mike, I owe you the 5 bucks! Let me know how you want it sent ;)
 Here is the final entry in checkcommands.cfg that worked:

# Used for escalations. Alerts have additional info on how long the host was
down.
 define command {
 command_name                   host-notify-manager
 command_line                   /usr/bin/printf "%s %b" " Since: " "
`/usr/bin/perl -e 'print scalar localtime ($LASTSTATECHANGE$)'` " |
/bin/mail -s "$NOTIFICATIONTYPE$ alert - Host $HOSTALIAS$ is $HOSTSTATE$"
$CONTACTPAGER$
 }

Thanks once again
-Gopinath