help with dependencies

JKnash at bnyclearing.com JKnash at bnyclearing.com
Thu Dec 19 17:34:19 CET 2002

I am having a little bit of trouble understanding how dependencies work.
The documention isn't helping me all that much so I figured I'd ask for
help.  I have a webserver named WWW1 that relies on a database server named
DB1.  The database server is required for the webserver to be considered
up.  Which would I put as the host_name and which would I put as the
dependent_host_name?

thanks,

Justin Knash
Network Engineer
BNY Clearing Services

The information in this e-mail, and any attachment therein,
is confidential and for use by the addressee only.
If you are not the intended recipient, please return the
e-mail to the sender and delete it from your computer.
Although BNY Clearing Services LLC attempts to
sweep e-mail and attachments for viruses, it does not
guarantee that either are virus-free and accepts
no liability for any damage sustained as a result of viruses.