Running shell scripts from Nagios commands

Potter, G M (Greg) GPotter at MarathonOil.com
Thu Dec 19 14:41:31 CET 2002

Here is the script I use for pager notification.
The MACRO variables show up for me.  Granted I
am not calling a shell script, but the variables
are populated and the paging routing works.

System Specs: Solaris 8, Nagios 1.0

define command{
command_name notify-by-qpage
command_line /bin/echo "okcu06 $HOSTALIAS$/$SERVICESTATE$/$SERVICEDESC$ $OUTPUT$" | /usr/
local/bin/qpage -p $CONTACTPAGER$
}