Merged disk checks

Rue Turner rue at thinlayer.co.uk
Thu Dec 19 11:04:20 CET 2002

I had the same problem till i discovered that if you just use disk_check
without any path it applies your limits to all of them :) nice.
A couple of my machines have half a dozen or so and it seems happy with
those - ths does expand the table a little but you never miss a drive.

warning: it will include all mounted drives. this includes CD's and
floppies if they are mounted. I don't see this as a problem because if
someone puts a cd in a production box i want to know about it.

On Thu, 2002-12-19 at 00:27, Jack Coates wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-12-17 at 07:46, Kraus, Markus wrote:
> > Hello @,
> >
> > I monitor about 100 servers each with at least 5 Partitions. That makes over
> > all 500 check_disk calls. Isn' t there a plugin which tests all partitions
> > of a system and returns only an over all status?
> >
> > Any help which can be offered is greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Markus
> >

> SNMP would be a good way to do it, or you might like a wrapper plugin I
> put together: http://www.monkeynoodle.org/comp/nagios, look for
> check_multisvc.pl.

                      r u e  t u r n e r
  · t · h · i · n · l · a · y · e · r ·

--
You can't evaluate a man by logic alone.
		-- McCoy, "I, Mudd", stardate 4513.3