check_pop

Russell Scibetti russell at quadrix.com
Wed Dec 18 18:33:17 CET 2002

Yes, true.  Hence why the check_tcp knows to use port 110 when check_pop
is the command used.  But I am concerned about the expect string.  I
don't understand why the expect is set to "110" as opposed to expecting
"+OK", which is the standard FTP response when everything is working.
 There are times you get a 110 back when FTP isn't responding, as we
unfortunately just discovered here.

Russell

Don Schultz wrote:

>Last I checked 110 is the well-known tcp port for POP3 traffic.
>
>.: Don Schultz
>:: Unix Systems Administrator
>:: Panvera, LLC
>:: 501 Charmany Dr.