nrpe custom command problems

Jeff McKeon jsm at inpro.net
Wed Dec 18 14:38:53 CET 2002

nrpe runs under the user nagios, at least thats whats in the xinetd
startup script.  It is a /bin/bash shell script.  If I take out the
mysql command from the scrip nrpe runs it fine.  The problem seems to be
that nrpe doesn't recognize the mysql command as a real command.  Why
this matters I'm not sure because shouldn't nrpe just run the script and
wait for output?

I haven't tried to run it with check_by_ssh because OpenSSH on the
target machine is very old, has never been set up correctly and I really
don't want to start patching the hell out of a machine I'll probably
just rebuild in a month or two (If I have my way).  Long story there,
classic battle between development and operations.