FW: Migrating from single monitoring server to distributed monitoring server

Ethan Galstad nagios at nagios.org
Wed Dec 18 05:47:51 CET 2002

You should be able to do this.  However, make sure to strip out all
references to program starts/stops/restarts in the distributed logs
before you merge them into the central log.

Also, if you do this you will probably have some slight inaccuracies
with regards to availability reports on the distributed
hosts/services.  The main reason for that is that the central and
distributed copies of Nagios probably started/stopped/restarted at
different times and Nagios logs some events (like initial state info)
immediately after startup.  I don't think this should affect things
negatively too much, but keep the original logs around just in case
the combined log gives you problems.

Ethan Galstad,
Nagios Developer
---