Flapping setup

Jason Dixon jasondixon at myrealbox.com
Tue Dec 17 19:13:03 CET 2002

Hi all-

Sorry if this has been asked previously- I'm new to the list, and the
mailing list archives don't appear to work.

I've recently installed nagios successfully on an OpenBSD 3.2 server.
Works great... can't tell you how pleased I am with the overall
project.  Unfortunately, flapping is not working for me.

Flapping is enabled in both my hosts.cfg, nagios.cfg and services.cfg
files, but it's still showing as disabled on all relevant cgi screens.
I wouldn't think this is a result of any compilation errors on the
OpenBSD platform... everything appeared to compile cleanly.

Based on the documentation, it appears that flap support is
experimental.  Nevertheless, I'm hoping someone can point out what I'm
missing.

TIA,
J.