checking memory and cpu consumption of procs

Dave Viner dviner at yahoo-inc.com
Tue Dec 17 07:55:46 CET 2002

Hi,
	I want to ensure that no process on a machine consumes more than x % of the
cpu, and y MB memory.  Is there an existing plugin that handles this?  I saw
that check_procs will monitor the number of processes on a machine
(including ones that match a certain name), and check_load will examine the
machine's overall load averages as reported by uptime.  But I can't seem to
find anything that monitors cpu consumption or memory consumption.  Is there
a plugin for this already?

thanks
dave