User Access to certain hosts

Russell Scibetti russell at quadrix.com
Mon Dec 16 17:57:50 CET 2002

As a sort of related question...

I have a host with different services on it, but half of the services
are for one user and half are for another.  I know I can split the view
based on the contactgroup for each service, and that works.  But I also
want one of the users to be able to see the host status.  If I add his
contactgroup for that host (actually, that hostgroup with only one
member), he can see all services for that host.  Is there anyway for a
user to only see the host, and not all services on it?

Russell Scibetti

Volker.Aust at premiere.de wrote:

>Sure is this possible. You have to configure a user for your customer in
>your htpasswd.users. Then configure a contact with the same name (you can
>set notification_period to "none" if you don't want that they get
>notifications). This contact have to be member of a contactgroup which you
>assign to the hosts or services.
>
>Hope this helps.
>
>-vol

Russell Scibetti