Win2000 App Log errors from NS client

Ruecker, Rainer R.Ruecker at st-ag.de
Mon Dec 16 13:53:30 CET 2002

> Hi All,
>
> We are running Nagios 1.0 on our Win2000 + Citrix server
> farm. Can anyone
> explain what is causing the error from the Application Log
> and how to fix it?
> Monitoring is working fine but the admin blames the NS Client
> every time he has
> a problem. Client version is 1.0.7.0.
>
> Details below.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Shane
>
> From the Win 2000 Application Log
>
> Event Type:        Error
>Event Source:        NSClient
>Event Category:        None
>Event ID:        2
>Date:                9/11/2002
>Time:                3:10:51 PM
>User:                N/A
>Computer:        GISW220
>The description for Event ID ( 2 ) in Source ( NSClient ) cannot
>be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry
>information or message DLL files to display messages from a
>remote computer. The following information is part of the event:
>NSClient Error: PDH.dll Add \TerminalServices/Active Sessions
>- ERROR: 0xC0000BC0.

Well, it looks like you've specified
"\TerminalServices/Active Sessions"
instead of
"\\TerminalServices\\Active Sessions"
                    ^
in your config-File. The pathnames for the perf-counters only use
backslashes. Error 0xC0000BC0 translates into
"Unable to parse the counter path. Check the format and syntax
of the specified path." (See jwapdhmsg.pas from the NSClient
distribution)

Cheers

Rainer Ruecker
ST-AG