extra recovery notifications

Byrne, Tim tbyrne at comscore.com
Sat Dec 14 00:13:54 CET 2002

This doesn't seem right to me.

If I set up two hosts, ("A" and "B"), and make "A" have a dependency on "B"
with notification_failure_criteria as "d,u" Nagios correctly suppresses
"down" notifications for "A" when "B" is down or unreachable.  However, when
they recover, I get a recovery notification for both.  I didn't think Nagios
would send a recovery notification for something it didn't send a problem
notification for.

Sorry if that sounds confusing, but I guess that's the nature of the whole
dependency stuff.

-Tim