Host Assumed To Be Up + Availability Reports

Pete Dewell pete.dewell at volteurope.com
Fri Dec 13 10:32:11 CET 2002

You could also change the "First assumed state" dropdown in the report
to be "UP". That way the host is assumed to be up to start with, and the
availability report works better.

Don't forget, the host is only checked on a service state change (or so
I understand from the docs) so if the services are OK, you won't have
any data on the host state until the service state goes to warning or
critical.

Pete Dewell

Tom DE BLENDE wrote:

> change this:
>
> log_initial_states=1
>
> in nagios.cmd
>
> (one for the FAQ's?)
>
> Billy Wright wrote:
> >
> > Hello All,
> >
> > I have a number of hosts that are listed as "Assumed to be up" I read the FAQ already. I believe this is messing up my availability reports because any host that has this has undetermined for 100% of the time. I would like to change it so that Nagios checks these hosts with a ping also so that I can get an availability report that is correct. Can anyone point me in the right direction to get this working ?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Billy

> --
> Tom De Blende
> Senior NT Infrastructure Analyst (Frango)
> DHL Global Coordination Center - IT Department
> Tel +32 2 713 42 62
> Fax +32 2 713 52 00

Technical Support/Analyst
Volt Europe