Alert Histogram options

Ethan Galstad nagios at nagios.org
Fri Dec 13 05:38:53 CET 2002

If you have the log_initial_states directive enable in the main
config file, select "Yes" for the initial states logged option.  This
causes the CGI to ignore initial alerts for some services are program
(re)starts.

Ignore repeated states is good if you want to have the CGI ignore
back-to-back alerts that are of the same state.  If you have
sequential alerts for a service that are of the same state (i.e.
CRITICAL) and they get logged, they could throw the numbers off in
the CGI.  I guess it depends on what type of service it is that
you're checking.

On 12 Dec 2002 at 8:18, Drew Adams wrote:

> Trying once more, as I got no response.
> Does anyone know what these options are for?
>
> Thanks,
>
>   Drew

Ethan Galstad,
Nagios Developer