authentication problem

Chris Losch Chris.Losch at newham.gov.uk
Thu Dec 12 11:51:53 CET 2002

Well it sounds as though you have two different issues here, (not that I am
a Nagios Expert or anything - except in my building ;) )

I would suggest you disable the authentication side of things for the moment
and fix below the error first,

[Wed Dec 11 20:06:55 2002] [error] [client myip] script not found or unable
to stat: /usr/local/nagios/sbin/statusmap.cgi, referer:
<http://myserver/nagios/side.html> http://myserver/nagios/side.html

My first thoughts on this is that it could be a apache httpd.conf
misconfiguration (check you have the entries as described in the  <http://>
/nagios/docs/installweb.html">http://<nagiosserver>/nagios/docs/installweb.h
tml )

But if you cant find the cgi's on your filesystem (which is what I think you
are saying), reinstall nagios following the steps described in the
documentation. The cgis, by default, should be in /usr/local/nagios/sbin.

As for the outages.cgi permissions issue, ask yourself some Q's! Is this the
only cgi you get this problem with? are you actually managing to be
recognised by nagios, logged in user = <username> or do you have '?' ?

If you are Authenticated - that is, logged in username=<username>, are you
authorised to view that information?

The best advice is to read, re-read and read again all the relevant
documentation, it describes it pretty well - although it assumes things
everything works as expected.

If you are 99% sure that you are correctly configured, and that all
necessary files are on your system ;) then re-post a querie preferably with
the relevant parts of you config files - you will know what is relevant when
you read the documentation. :)

Don't worry about being a newbie, we were all newbies once.
Hope this steers you in the right direction
Chris