Host/Service Status Totals via SMS/pager?

Jon Lyons jlyons30 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 12 00:40:48 CET 2002

Thanks, this is what I was looking for! Now I'll be able to request a status update from my phone via two-way paging!
 Thanks!

 "Carroll, Jim P [Contractor]" <jcarro10 at sprintspectrum.com> wrote:For something as limiting as SMS/pager, you might want to start with something like: For host outages:   grep HOST status.log | grep CRITICAL | wc -l For service outages:   grep SERVICE status.log | grep CRITICAL | wc -l
Massage in some formatting, and you could end up with output similar to:    Hosts up: 165 down:30
   Services up: 1419 down: 155