Config Storage/Generation

Russell Scibetti russell at quadrix.com
Wed Dec 11 17:43:45 CET 2002

I received a question regarding this, so maybe I should try to be more
clear.

I am trying to work on a way of storing, generating, and managing all
our Nagios configs, most likely using a database (MySQL?).  I know I've
seen some messages on these lists about people already doing this.  What
I was hoping, is that if anyone has done work like this (create a config
DB, written cfg generation scripts, etc), that they could share it to
the list.  It might save me and others a lot of time and grief if there
has already been some work done in this area.  If enough people have
these types of components, we might be able to put together a good
Nagios config management tool even (as a loftier goal to look at).

Thanks.

-Russell Scibetti

--
Russell Scibetti