authentication problem

Master Brian mangabbs at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 11 17:17:28 CET 2002

Thank you for plugin's help. Now finally I've setup (and verified with -v) my .cfg files. Setup my apache for /nagios alias, and created my .htaccess and htpassword as from documentation, but now I cannot access to nagios. When I try to go to http://mysite/nagios/ I get this error:

Server error!
  The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there was an error in a CGI script.
  If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster
Error 500

If I read from error_log of my apache what's happen I find:

[Wed Dec 11 16:51:23 2002] [alert] [client 10.10.1.40] /usr/local/nagios/share/.
htaccess: Invalid command 'uthName', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module
not included in the server configuration

Can someone help me get out this problem pls?
Thank you