Modified SaintMap

HPS hps_kolsassberg at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 11 15:32:25 CET 2002

Hallo !!

I have modified „SaintMap“ that it produces an output in the Template-Based way and I have written 2 little perl programmes that transfom hosts.cfg and hostextinfo.cfg into a simplified default (old) method definition. I use the “old” method as input for SaintMap.

How to Use:

 Copy hosts2default.pl and hostextinfo2default.pl into the nagios-etc-folder (for instance, /usr/local/nagios/etc/) and run “./hosts2default.pl” and “./hostextinfo2default.pl” (both executable !!) on the command line in the nagios-etc-folder (Make a backup first !! ; )) Hosts2default.pl returns a file called hostsdefault.cfg and it contains only the host_name and one (!) parent !! Hostextinfo2default.pl creates a file with the name hostextinfodefault.cfg.

 The next step is to start SaintMap (executable !!) in a XTERM-window with the command “./saintmap.pl”. Then you open hostsdefault.cfg and hostextinfo.cfg. You can now see your old map (no images – only the “?” appears as icon). Next: Drag-and-Drop.

 When you have finished your work, save to any file (best: hostextinfo.cfg) and this file contains your “Extended Host Information”.

 SEE YOU

HPS

 PS: I’m not in the MailingList !!