Nagios latency

Jasmine Chua jasmine.chua at securecirt.com
Tue Dec 10 16:06:42 CET 2002

I am currently facing a problem with latency on my
Nagios-1.0
I am in a hurry to bring it down. Just wonder if anyone could help
me, I have sent my problem to the mailing list a couple of times, but to no
avail. Have been trying to tweak with my max_concurrent_checks and service
reaper, but things just dont work out right. Nagios is able to receive and
process service checks now, but has an average latency of 206 secs and my
average execution time is 2.438 secs.

SERVICE SCHEDULING INFORMATION
        -------------------------------
        Total services:             156
        Total hosts:                21

        Command check interval:     -1 sec
        Check reaper interval:      5 sec

        Inter-check delay method:   SMART
        Average check interval:     60.000 sec
        Inter-check delay:          0.385 sec

        Interleave factor method:   SMART
        Average services per host:  7.429
        Service interleave factor:  8

        Initial service check scheduling info:
        --------------------------------------
        First scheduled check:      1039532077 -> Tue Dec 10 22:54:37 2002
        Last scheduled check:       1039532138 -> Tue Dec 10 22:55:38 2002

        Rough guidelines for max_concurrent_checks value:
        Absolute minimum value:     13
        Recommend value:            39

command_check_interval=-1
max_concurrent_checks=39
service_reaper_frequency=5
service_check_timeout=90
host_check_timeout=20
aggregate_status_updates=1
status_update_interval=15

- --
Jasmine Chua
Security Engineer, SecureCiRT (A SBU of Z-Vance Pte Ltd)
http://www.securecirt.com

- --