AIX and gd install problem. FAQ?

chris at eventhorizon.ca chris at eventhorizon.ca
Fri Dec 6 23:03:56 CET 2002

Hey Wayne,

	Is this during the make for Nagios or GD?  If it's for GD you need to
	follow the instructions for installing GD to the letter (i.e.: Installing
	libjpeg, zlib, changing, directory names etc.).  I compiled it using gcc
	and it all went well when I followed the insturctions.

	You can also use RPM to install the AIX Toolbox for linux version of the
	required packages:

	http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/aix/products/aixos/linux/altlic.html

	If it's a problem with the Nagios compile you might have specify the
	location of the GD libraries when you run the configure script.  See
	configure --help for more info.

	Hope that helps.

--
Chris Rothecker