check_command options don't work when defined in hosts.cfg?

Jack Coates jack at monkeynoodle.org
Thu Dec 5 21:02:40 CET 2002

How come this works in services.cfg but doesn't in hosts.cfg?

checkcommands.cfg:
# 'check_multisvc.pl' command definition
define command{
        command_name    check_multisvc.pl
        command_line    $USER1$/contrib/check_multisvc.pl -H
$HOSTADDRESS$ -F $ARG1$ -w $ARG2$ -c $ARG3$
        }

services.cfg:
define service{
        hostgroup_name                  web-servers
        service_description             apache
        check_command
check_multisvc.pl!/etc/nagios/check_multisvc-web.cfg!3!4
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           10

hosts.cfg:
define host{
        host_name                       pacp9
        alias                           i01sv4166
        address                         147.208.166.81
        parents                         worldcom-router
        check_command
check_multisvc.pl!/etc/nagios/check_multisvc-acp.cfg!3!4

nagios -v output:
Error: Host check command
'check_multisvc.pl!/etc/nagios/check_multisvc-acp.cfg!3!4' specified for
host 'pacp9' is not defined anywhere!

check_multisvc.pl is my own script which I plan to post after I get it
into production; however, this happens with check_tcp as well. Nagios
1.0b6 on Mandrake 9.0.

thanks,
--
Jack Coates